Chris Vonderau should be your Wilmington, North Carolina bankruptcy lawyer. Chris also serves Columbus, Duplin, Brunswick, Bladen, Pender, as well as New Hanover County. Experienced, effective, knowledgeable and by all means dedicated to achieving the goals of every client.
We are currently in the worst economy since the Great Depression. Millions have lost their jobs. Millions have had their businesses suffer tremendously. Millions are facing foreclosure.
Fortunately, the Federal Bankruptcy Code offers relief. There are two main chapters of the Bankruptcy Code that can help those who are struggling: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
Both chapters of the Code stop the following actions: foreclosures, repossessions, lawsuits, collection calls, collection letters, and other similar collection activities.
Call Attorney Chris Vonderau today at (910) 202-3110 or contact us with an email.
Chapter 7 vs Chapter 13
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, also known as "Liquidation" often benefits those with modest possessions to eliminate their unsecured debt (credit cards, medical bills, personal loans). It is a 3 to 4 month process that results in a "discharge" of debts.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, also known as the "Wage Earner Plan" benefits those with assets by creating a plan to satisfy a portion of the debts and yet still keep some or all of their assets.
Some of the tools available in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy are as follows:
- Eliminate second mortgages in certain circumstances
- Lower the debt, payment and interest rate on vehicle loans in certain circumstances
- Create a repayment plan for delinquent mortgages even if foreclosure proceedings have begun
- Eliminate income taxes in some circumstances.
- For more information, contact Chris Vonderau by clicking here
- Click here for the first questionnaire to start the process of filing for bankruptcy
- Click here for part two of the questionnaire process
Serving the following North Carolina Counties as a bankruptcy lawyer: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, and New Hanover. Chris Vonderau guarantees effective representation.
WE ARE A DEBT RELIEF AGENCY, HELPING PEOPLE FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY RELIEF UNDER THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY CODE.